TOP 5 REASONS TO VOTE NO!
1. Nightmare traffic congestion- building hundreds of homes in an area with one road in and out North River Road. The project fails to address congestion chokepoints at multiple locations in this part of the community including College Blvd. The increased traffic also results in air pollution and greenhouse gasses that impact the entire area.
2. Creates a Public Safety Nightmare - by putting hundreds of homes in a Very High Fire Severity Zone that experienced dangerous evacuation traffic jams during the Lilac Fire. Evacuation plans are inadequate for existing conditions and are made worse by adding hundreds more cars, placing thousands of residents at risk throughout the area. Our expert says so!
3. Enables a developer and unelected politicians to change the rules– Do you trust them to make decisions for our community? Integral, the developer of this project spent over $2M to defeat earlier citizens’ efforts to stop the project. They claim they are saving farmland, but in reality are destroying major portions of it. They will stop at nothing to make millions of dollars off of our community without caring about all the problems they will leave behind.
4. Creates Taxpayer burdens- by converting rural land zoned for agriculture into dense housing in an area without adequate infrastructure. This creates an unnecessary lifetime tax burden on the existing taxpayers. Maintenance costs for sewer, water and roads will be ongoing for the life of the infrastructure and are not paid for by the developer.
5. Permanent Loss of 214 acres of Agricultural land with more at risk- This development doesn’t just impact the 214 acres of farmland being rezoned. It also puts all 3,350 acres of farmland in Morro Hills at risk. It jeopardizes years of work to keep farming economically viable and preserve this as one of seven key economic drivers for our community. You can’t eat houses!
Oceanside Grown development formerly North River Farms is a massive stack and pack sprawl development along a narrow 2-lane North River Road in the northeastern area of Oceanside called South Morro Hills.
This area was never planned for dense development and does not have the roads, sewers and water infrastructure to support large sprawl development. This area is near where the 2017 Lilac Fire happened and the developer suggests current and future residents can "shelter in place"?
The price on these homes with all the extra taxes and fees will be well beyond of the reach of Oceansiders. Yet, we will ALL pay for this project with traffic congestion, increased fire risks, and higher taxes/fees to pay for maintenance of these roads, sewer and water.
This November's Ballot is your opportunity to overturn the City Council’s approval of this project. Vote “NO” to stop this project. This item will be very near the end of the ballot so PLEASE look for it.
This project brings more traffic, more delays, more danger, more pollution directly impacting our health & quality of life!
Why should we pay higher taxes for maintenance costs of sewer, water and roads for the life of the infrastructure so an Orange County developer can profit from sprawl housing?
Remember the 2017 Lilac Fire? We sure do!
This project recommends citizens "shelter in place"
IS THAT OK WITH YOU?
This area is designated as "Statewide Significant" farmland to provide emergency food production!
Vote NO to special interest political deals for high density, sprawl development
We won’t be fooled again!
Paid for by: Let Oceanside Vote